Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Birthday, Adeline!

 We have a birthday girl over here.
 She's more pshyched about her "biwfday pawty" and more specifically "streamers, biwfday cake, pawty hats (oops, I didn't get any of those), Lion King plates, fwiends, tandles (candles), and pwesents too."
I've been feeling so funky, but the excitement from her for her birthday is much too much to keep me on the couch. I want her to remember this third birthday, so despite Superbowl day (ah, who cares Who Dats ain't playin') we want to make the day as special for her as possible. She is our baby girl, and we are happy to celebrate her this weekend.
At three, she does so much! She's busy, she's genius, she's tall, she's silly, she's pretty awesome!
She actually can read about 40 words, and is already starting on reading really basic books. We never have to push her to learn, she's just so eager to figure it all out, and that she does!
So I interviewed the little birthday girl with some questions
1. What is your favorite color? green
2. What is your favorite toy? Piggy bank is my favorite (homegirl collects change like it's her job)
3. What is your favorite fruit? umm apple
4. What is your favorite tv show? Pongo (that's what she said, but her top pics are Mickey Mouse, Sight Words, or Veggie Tales)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Poptarts
6. What is your favorite outfit? Mickey and Minnie pajamas
7. What is your favorite game? I like football. (no joke, kid flips a lid for football)
8. What is your favorite snack? Poptart! (since I'm on cooking break, this is her new found love)
9. What is your favorite animal? Turtles!
10. What is your favorite song? ABC's!
11. What is your favorite book? Too Purplely (She can actually read this entire book by herself, I think I posted a video of it before here)
12. Who is your best friend? Lily!
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios.
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play tee ball
15. What is your favorite drink? juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My turtle
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? I like Poptarts, huh?
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Birfday cake
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? uhh a grown up.

I always wonder what God has in store for her adult life. She's such an independent, feisty, strong willed child I can only imagine the zest she'll have once she gets out to conquer this world.
It is a pleasure to raise such a sweet heart with big bright blue eyes just trying to uncover the way our world works.
 Adeline is so many awesome things, but sweetest of all is her love and dependence on God.  She makes me proud to be a mother. The other morning I was in bed whining about how sick I felt and I started getting stupid and feeling sorry for myself which led to pathetic crying. My daughter said, "It's okay Mom, if you feel sick you can just pray to God and He will hear you."
Yea, my 3 year old said that.
When I told her I couldn't squish the spider outside because I was afraid of spiders she boldly recited a favorite verse in Isaiah, "Mommy God said 'Do no be afraid for I am wif you' so you don't gotta be afraid of a spider just squish it."
Haha!
Well surely I have to step on the dang thing now, kid. 
She just makes us proud. Really proud.
Happy Birthday my baby, who was all smiles all day! She got to pick out balloons and a birthday cake at the grocery store, which was pretty much the highlight of her day. We are hoping to try to go out for dinner tonight for her birthday, so hopefully I can make that.

Oh, little girl. How I love to watch you grow!

4 comments:

  1. Aww! Happy birthday Adeline!! She looks so grown up! = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline! She does look so big, of course she's the height of a five year old, lol. :)

      Delete
  2. i LOVED this post! oh my gosh! and the first picture was PERFECT! it made me anticipate reading the rest of the post because she looked SO excited! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADELINE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe thanks! Birthday posts are my favorite :)!!!

    ReplyDelete