Saturday, December 12, 2009

Apple Cake

MMMMMMMMM
This is a recipe I'm SO SO proud of.
Mostly because it's all mine!
I made it all by myself.
I kind of just used my normal homemade vanilla cake recipe but just tweaked it a bit.

Here you go:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
dash of salt
chopped and peeled apples
chopped walnuts

Cream your butter,cinnamon, and sugar together then add an egg at a time until it's all smooth and fluffy.
Add your vanilla and mix real well. Mix in the flour, baking powder and soda, and salt.

Chop up our apples and walnuts and stir them in with a spatula.


Bake at 350 degrees in a buttered and floured 9x13 ish pan.

45mins-1hour



I didn't measure all of my ingredients exactly, but this recipe should be pretty close.
Also I took the cake out at about 45 mins and an inserted toothpick didin't come out clean, so I baked it for about 20 mins more.

If you like your cake real sweet you can top it with a powdered sugar and milk mixture, or some condensed milk, or even some regular icing.
Of course it's delicious with none too.
I usually make a powdered sugar and milk mix and just drizzle it on top.

I try recipes all of the time and never share them if they aren't yummy!
THIS one... is YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment