Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Swimmin' in the Spring

It hit 82 degrees down here in South Louisiana yesterday, so I busted out our brand new swimming pool, and Squig's brand new polka dotted swimmy suit. 


The swimming pool she got from her nanny for Easter was a hit, although it was a temporary one since the clouds came out and the water got chilly.

So Squiggy stopped at her new patio set from Grammy for Easter to eat some pineapple. 
Now this is where it was at. This little table just her size was so amusing and entertaining that she sat and at her snacks, watched Daddy cut the grass, and watched Mommy water the plants all for a grand total of about 20 minutes. Sitting still-- content... MY kid. Adeline.
Can you believe that?
Me either, and I saw it with my own two eyes.

Although I enjoyed a little feel of summer a bit too early, I would much rather enjoy the spring for now.
I've got some big gardening plans for the front yard. My budget won't allow the back yard yet, but we are probably going to start our vegetable garden back up too.

Being outside feels good, but when I'm outside in the heat I want to LOOK good too. 
Okay, I kind of don't care about that part too much, but what I'm getting at is that it's time to lose some of this weight. 
It's no secret that I've held onto my pregnancy pounds for a year too long now, so I have a gym membership and start this evening.
Wish me luck, because I'm on a mission to be one hot momma for the summer.
No pun intended.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, could Adeline get any cuter in that bathing suit?! I won't dare show Jack. He might get all bug-eyed and walk around the house screaming 'HUBBA HUBBA!' haha.

    Two thumbs up to Grammy for the kick-ass patio set. It certainly sounds like a winner. I know y'all will BOTH enjoy it.

    Good luck with the gym membership. Even though...I think you're quite beautiful just as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! That first picture is just so cute!! So bright and perfect.

    Its gotten all the way up to 92 here in Texas. I gave the kids kitchen pots and the hose to play with, until we get a kiddy pool.

    I would do anything to have my kids sit still for 20 minutes, that is amazing!! Good for you Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I Love your header! What a sweet picture!
    Just found your blog--think I'll be back;) <3

    ReplyDelete