My husband used to be a carpenter, and with that trade comes great skills.
He came across some beautiful 100+year old cypress, and he planed them down and made some gorgeous frames for our hallway.
I have a bunch more of these in the garage, just sitting there waiting for some inspiration.
After noticing that my button collection has gotten larger than the jar I hold the buttons in, I knew it was time for a project with them.
So I painted the frame a lime green matching some stems I painted on Adeline's wall a few months ago.
I didn't prime it first, because I knew the wood would just soak up the paint, and it might look more like a heavy green stain than paint. I just like the wooden look, though so that's just me.
I used hot glue to adhere the buttons on the frame, and I just followed a continuous line, filling in any spaces along the way with smaller buttons. I decided to just do the center of the frame, leaving a small green border before and after the buttons.
This is my finished product. It's exactly what I wanted too! Colorful and quirky.