Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy September

Ya'll where did the summer go?
No really I don't care.
Who needs the summer?
Surely not me.

I'm ready for a cool breeze.
Well it'd be better said to be honest and say I'm just ready to walk outside.

I've already kicked off the fall all by myself with an online shopping splurge thanks to my trusty Old Navy credit card. I swear I wait all year for fall/winter clothes. 
I got myself a scarf, but baby girl got 2 jackets, 3 pairs of leggings, and a waffle knit hoodie.
I really wanted this purple heart vest

and these ankle boots
but I know they'll both be on sale in a couple of weeks or so, so I'm gonna stalk them 'til they go down$. 

Ahhhh, fall. 
Rusts and browns and pumpkins and muffins and leaves.
Oh yes,
Bring. it. on.
Although it's not likely that nature would bring me those things until probably late October here in South Louisiana, but hey nature I ain't waitin' for ya!

I'm breaking out the fall decorations box now.
and when I say breaking out, I really mean just picking it off of the spare room floor where I left it last winter.
Shame, huh?

It's all good, at least I've talked myself out of decorating for Christmas now like I originally wanted to.
Don't hate, Christmas decorations make me happy.

I've got to get that room cleaned up in a couple of months that way I can start working on the new baby's nursery.

I'm finally getting excited about being pregnant.
Now that I've had some relief, and I'm not feeling so miserable it's easier and sweeter to imagine another little one around this place.
Adeline could use a playmate anyway.
Just a couple more weeks until we know if she's getting a brother or a sister.

:)

4 comments:

  1. Summer has been here I promise! I can't stand this ubber heat! Makes me want to just pack up and move up north. Your belly is so cute. I can't wait to see what you have in store for the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm totally with you on the fall thing. I'm setting up pumpkins on the porch this weekend! Yes seriously.

    OooOOo I wonder what you will have. What are you guessing?? I can't wait to find out.

    It's nice to see you blogging again, and I'm glad you are feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't believe your belly at 16 weeks! but i guess they say women who have had children before show sooner than first time moms. i'm 18 and a half weeks and i'm still waiting to really show! i wish i would so that i'd look more prego than bloated! LOL! you look cute!

    sounds like you're doing a bit better!!! and you're making me want to bust out my fall decorations!! my fav time of year!

    ReplyDelete