Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chicken Taco Stirfry

I'm on a diet, and it sucks.
But something that doesn't suck is this:
I'm not an amazing cook, actually I don't even like to cook.
BUT it is my job to feed my family, so that is what I do.
It's just an extra awesome bonus for them when it's something that tastes good.
I kind of made this one up, but I'm sure it's been done many times before in many variations. 
Kind of a stir fry.
I just grilled my chicken in olive oil, then I let it simmer in about 2 or 3 table spoons of teryoki sauce for about 10 minutes (covered) on a medium high heat.
I add some corn and peas and let it cook on low for about 15 minutes.
Then I generously add some medium taco sauce, stir it about, and throw a handful of cheddar cheese crumbles on top.

I like to think this is a healthy dish, but I do realize the cheese probably doesn't do much for the diet.

It is however healthier than things I normally cook, plus it gets some veggies in there for my anti-veggie eaters around here.

Either way I honestly think it's super yummy and it bets chicken breast on salad that we've been burning out over here. 

3 comments: