Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sweet Potatoes

It's currently 7:45.
That means 15 minutes until bedtime.
Gideon is already asleep, and come 8:00 Adeline will be out too.
So Since I until I'll be in bed myself in oh, 20 more minutes I'll share our busy weekend in my phone pics.

It was...hot!
So when we weren't at birthday/water parties we were swimmin' in our little Squiggy pool!
Adeline's still kind of funny about the water. She has to be really hot to be in it, or boys have to be in it. Then she'll go.

Saturday evening we felt really thankful to have no where to be. So we stayed at home and did some cuddling.
It felt so good to just be chilled out in bed on Saturday night at 7:00. Sometimes a slowdown is really worth it for a recharge!
We ate really healthy this weekend too. Philip and I both got a really good 2 hour work out Saturday morning. I was so thankful for that! My legs are still sore!! Saturday night was an especially yummy dinner with baked pork chops, baked sweet potato fries and fresh grown sweet corn on the cob. Oh and then we had fruit salad for desert. My body felt so good after all of that fresh home-cooked food.
Speaking of home-made food, I also got a head start on making some of Gideon's baby food.
He'll be 4 months next week, although I'm not quite sure when I'm going to start solids with him. I started Addie at about 4 months because she really seemed ready and eager for more to eat. Her doctor also encouraged is to start at 4 months. Addie was such an awesome eater and took to anything and everything we gave her. She literally ate almost every fruit and vegetable and cereal.
I'd like to start Gideon at 4 months too so that he can develop a variety of tastes like Addie did, but I kind of think he's just content with breastmilk for now. He doesn't seem to be wanting more or interested in my plate yet or anything. I definitely won't wait passed 6 months, so I'm thinking of re-evaluating at about 5 months/mid-July to see if I think he's ready. Plus more dishes to clean and poopy diapers start really getting gross after they start on solids, so that's another reason I wouldn't mind waiting.  I don't know, I guess I'll see what the pediatrician suggests at his 4 month check up.

Oh yea, I also got a hair cut this weekend. It had been 2 years since I last cut it, and I didn't even know who to go to to cut it, so I just tried my luck with a random hair dresser at JC Penny.  She did alright.
This was me before:
and this is me now:
Drastic change, huh?
Yea Philip was not impressed with my inablilty to live on the edge and chop it all off. 
Although I was tempted to, I opted to just take off about 3-4 inches and add a little more layers. 
I cut my hair really short this time 2 years ago when Addie was Gideon's exact age. 
This is when they start grabbing it all the time, and that sucks!
but almost right after I cut it short I started noticing and longing for everyone's long and luscious hair that I no longer had. So I decided to keep it longer for now. Oh well. At least I made a little effort in that department. 

I have a week almost as busy as our weekend. So I'm going to go stock up on some Zzzs.
Hope you're weekend was well blessed. :)
I'm looking forward to some good devotional time in the morning. I've had a lot on my heart lately, and the mornings just feel so fresh and peaceful, it's easy to sort out and pray about then. 
Have a great week, folks!

3 comments:

  1. That picture of Gideon by himself is sooo adorable! Like the hair cut! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you bake your sweet potato fries with olive oil in the oven? (just like regular oven fries?)

    LOVE your hair! I can't bring myself to do anything different... but your hair looks great!

    We started Eloise with some cereal... and we aren't sure if she is having a reaction to it--with her hoarse voice. So we stopped for now... but once she gets better--we may try again. Do you freeze your baby food in ice cube trays? I have a food mill.. but haven't used it yet! Don't really know what I'm doing yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where to start?! Those children are so adorable I can't stand it!! Your hair looks AH-MAZING! And I don't care what you say, it does look thick and beautiful! Take advantage of that long pretty pregnancy hair of yours, you can always cut it later! I think you look sexy! In a non-pervert way:) lol!

    ReplyDelete