Thursday, August 6, 2009

Stay at Home Mom

Adeline has been a little trouble maker since the early days of her rumbling around in my tummy. I didn't have the easiest pregnancy, in fact it was rather difficult. It goes along with her newborn days. She wasn't easily satisfied, which sometimes left me feeling inadequate, confused, and upset. To this day she is picky about her food, sleep, play, even the way she cuddles.

I would not have it any other way. I have been blessed enough to discover every single possibility when it comes to my daughter. We try and re try and take advice or leave advice. When it comes to a simple task of undressing her I've tried probably over 20 methods to doing it to her satisfaction--or better yet just to not reach her dissatisfaction. I guess what I'm trying to say is I've earned my bragging rights. I've earned my--our joy. We've earned where our mommy/baby relationship is today.

Staying home with her is the biggest blessing I have ever been given.

No one who hasn't been in my shoes has any right to judge that.

I do not sit on the couch all day and let her entertain herself. I couldn't even if I wanted to.
I am up before the sun every day putting on my cheesy happy voice to greet and match her sweet gummy smile.
I save our money for her instead of myself.
If there is a rare occasion where she wants to be rocked, I rock and rock and rock until she no longer will have it.
I'd go to any lengths, and do it on a daily basis.
I couldn't be happier, and this couldn't be healthier for her.

It bothers me when people think I--we don't deserve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment