Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins



Once Thanksgiving rolls around, I go into bake over drive. 
This year I've been using pumpkin in a lot of my recipes. I don't like the idea of canned fruits and vegetables so I always use fresh and just puree and freeze the left over for future recipes. 
I've altered this recipe each batch and here's what I've decided is the best version:
Pumpkin Muffins

2 cups sugar

1/2 cup veggie oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups pureed pumpkin (or canned)
1/2 cup water
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts



Mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, and water in a large bowl In another bowl mix together the remaining ingredients.
Combine all ingredients into one bowl and mix well. 
Use a large scooping spoon or a ziplock bag cut at the corner to fill each muffin tin equally with batter. Bake at 400 for about 16 minutes. 


I've done batches with raisins, or crasins added which is good as well. Also you could replace the walnuts with pecans if  you prefer.


Oh these are so good though, and a must have breakfast for you this fall! 







No comments:

Post a Comment