Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year

What's up blog?
Been a little bit.
As usual I have been extremely busy and nonstop with the stupid flu for me and my girl slowing me down only for a few. All better now, enjoying a happy girl and feel better days!

Happy New Year at ya by the way.
We spent our New Years in Crowley, Philip's home town where we had a late Christmas party with his father's side of the family. We truly love going up there and staying with his Uncle Larry. He's such a lovely man and his family is nothing short of him! We always hate to come home.

Anyway, I didn't make any New Years resolutions or anything like that.
Well I guess I did make things like that.
2009 was so good to me, I don't think I can ever top that year, but this year I have a lot of overall goals I want to keep in mind.

First and foremost I want to continue getting to know my Lord and Savior. I didn't grow up in a church, and I feel as though I have a lot of catching up to do as far as learning the bible and history behind Him.
It's really interesting, and I really want to try to focus on that as we center our home on a Christian foundation. I spent the later part of 2009 building my relationship with Him, and I really just want to continue to strengthen that.

and then there is the ever popular "I'm going to get into shape this year" goal.

After I had Adeline I was lucky enough to lose all 20lbs I gained. I lost it in less than a month too not even trying.... but then staying home for the first time ever caught up with me and I gained back... what do you know... 20lbs.
So yea saying this publicly makes me have to commit to it, but I already have so here we go.
I'm going to lose those 20 lbs before March and then I plan on losing 20 more before July.
So that would be 40 lbs in the first half of the year.
I'm pretty sure that's totally achievable, and I'm so determined.
I wanna be a HOT momma, haha.

lastly I kind of want to slowly decorate my house.
We've been in here 2 years in February and it's still mostly undecorated.
I think I fear commitment to decoration.
I have tons of ideas and plans but I can never act on any of them because I'm afraid I won't like it later on or something. Decorating can be expensive, and we surely don't have the money to do it, but little by little I want to bargain shop and remake and stuff to make my home feel pretty!

I think that's all as far as changes go this year.
I could tell you what I want to do knowing that I probably won't do it, but that would be wasting time, wouldn't it.

and time moves fast now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I think you have some great resolutions. 20 pounds by March? I could maybe lose two pounds by NEXT March. ;)

    If you have a chance to participate in the Decorating Dilemmas Party on Wednesday, maybe you'll find some inspiration. :) I also have a decorating fear!!!

    ReplyDelete