Thursday, August 4, 2011

From my heart (and my iphone) to my keyboard:

God put some pretty cool people in my life. 
I have a lot of friends and family that I love very much. 

I believe God called us to be in relationships, to connect in relationships--especially hard ones.
My brothers and sisters, consider it nothing but joy when you fall into all sorts of trials, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let the endurance have its perfect effect, so that you will be perfect and complete not deficient in anything. James 1:2-4
I think now more than ever, some-many relationships are more complicated and difficult than they ever have been before. 
It's my focus to have a God-centered love radiate through me and onto those I love. 
I want His love to shine through me and touch others. 
Really, HE wants that.
It's a different pace for me.
For almost my whole life I've been a people pleaser, aiming to first please those around me.
Now--my number one priority is to be pleasing onto Him.
...but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we declare it, not to please people but God, who examines our hearts. 
1 Thessalonians 2

I'm learning that sometimes that means that some relationships might take a turn for the worse, might go through a rough patch, might be a little confusing sometimes. 
I think it's really then when we have to just turn it over to Him and have faith that when we are steadfast in God He guides us through rough waters. 
and He will.

A few weeks ago I heard Beth Moore teach:
"In any given relationship, God could be working life in one person and death in another."
If you think on that statement for a while, it makes a lot of real sense both ways.

That being said:
Bring out the worst in me, Father. 
Then rid me of it. Fill me with the holy spirit. 
Fill me with your love.
Amen!
---------------------------------------------
and since Gideon is still napping, plus no blog post is complete without pictures, and I have more time to waste blogging ;) then I'll share some iphone upload pics ;)
My girl will be 2 1/2 tomorrow! 

We've been so busy since vacation, that I already feel the need for another one ;)
For a long time in my town, everyone was complaining about needing rain so badly. Now everyone's upset because it hasn't stopped. I don't really mind it. :)
This weekend both Addie and me got to have friends over :)

Oh and Philip's finally getting around to hanging up some of my photos on the walls. Super happy about that! 
Oh, the only thing Gideon ever says is "Mama". 
All day long. 
and I love it!
 and I'll conclude with my love for holding sleeping babies. 

Have a blessed day, friends. :)


2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for a bit and just wanted to thank you for putting it all out there. :-) It is encouraging to see people's hearts. I've often wondered why my "real life" relationships aren't as honest. Your post reminds me that God places relationships in my life for a reason - and that reason I may never know.

    Thanks again for your openness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should write about this... I have been really thinking/praying about wanting to please God and not people. It's definitely not easy... and I'm sure people will be talking about me behind my back and rolling their eyes at my choices - but it's all about Him. I have to remind myself that a gazillion billion times a day!

    I wish all Eloise said was Mama... she seems to like saying "Blahblahblahblahblahblah" all day! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete