Friday, December 2, 2011

M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies

 Whenever I need to remember something from one of my favorite cookie recipes, I usually just look it up on my blog, since I like to post my favorites here. 
 So where the heck is the most awesome M&M cookie recipe ever?
I thought I had posted it last year, but nope. So it's here now.
[Sorry for anyone who asked me for the recipe and I referred you to the non-existent one here on the blog]
Adeline and I decided Christmas M&M cookies would be perfect for a friend in need, and even more perfect for her since she'll pretty much do anything for M&Ms.
Seriously, I think she'd be happy if she just got a pack of them for Christmas. 
Hey there's an idea.
So Adeline pulled out her reading recipe book and repeated the only two ingredients:
-"shudah aaaaaaaaaaaand lots of M&Ms"
and luckily I found the original recipe which went a little more like this:

You'll need:
4 1/2 cups flour
2tsp baking soda
2 cups of softened butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 (3.4ounce) packs of vanilla pudding mix -BINGO!
4 eggs
1TBS vanilla extract
1 big pack of M&Ms and 1 pack of chocolate chips.
-Preheat the oven @ 350 degrees
-Stir together the flour and baking soda in one bowl and set aside. 
-In another large bowl cream butter and both sugars
-Beat in pudding mixes.
-Stir in eggs and vanilla
-Blend in flour mixture
-Stir in M&Ms and chocolate chips
-Drop cookies by the spoonful onto cookie sheet
-Bake for 10 minutes with edges golden brown
and BAM
mad awesome M&M cookies that everyone will LOVE...
unless they don't like M&Ms.... or cookies... 
anyway  
These cookies are the perfect balance of chewy, soft, and melty on the inside and crisp on the outside.
The recipe made 5 dozen, so I was able to freeze some to give closer to Christmas. 
Hello, brilliance
Yummmmay!
[I could so be a food photographer, no blinking, no bribing to be still, and no urgency to capture a moment that is gone in a second. Just still, chill..... food....nerdbomb.]
I had so much fun baking with Addie. It was so sweet and heart warming how much she enjoyed spending time with me and helping to do something for others. She was so excited to deliver them too, and of course she was equally excited to taste the fruits cookies of her labor.hurhur.
oh and Boyboy was just happy to have gotten this awesomely sweet and slightly colorful cracker looking thing. He may or may not have had 3. 
[What? I'm just an awesome Mommy....?]
Such sweet little blessings !
-----------------------------------------------------
Here's some quick links to some of my other favorite cookie recipes:
 Do send me any of your favorites. Right now I'm looking for the perfect sugar cookie recipe, I've tried like a dozen and can't come up with exactly what I'm looking for. Oh yea I need a good gingerbread one too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment