Sunday, November 22, 2009

Banana Bread Sunday

Happy Sunday!
Seriously Sunday has become one of my favorite days of the week.
Okay it's my favorite.

There's just a crisp wholesome air about Sundays.

Sunday is comfortable.

Just like Banana Bread.

Mmm. I hate to brag, but I just have such a yummy, simple (Did I mention yummy?) recipe.

Banana Nut Bread

  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 egg, well beaten
  • 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, melted, cooled
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts 
 In a large mixing bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, beaten egg, and melted butter. Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, and soda and stir into banana mixture until well blended. Stir in nuts.
Pour banana nut bread batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan and bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.


Tip:
I've made many a banana bread, and I've learned they're pretty sensitive.
Keep the oven door closed while baking, and make sure not to take it out too early.
If you do the middle will sink in.
I like to just turn the oven off at about 50 minutes and then open the door at about 65 minutes and test it with a tooth pick.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been staring at a banana bread recipe that I put on my refrigerator weeks ago - just waiting for the right day. Your post was all the encouragement I need to do a little baking this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete