Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fabric Flowers

So I'm working my way back in girly world.
Obviously for myself I mean.

Pre-marriage/housebuilding/babycreating/motherhood I used to wear make up, fix my hair, and attempt to look cute on a daily basis.

Those days seem so distant.

So today my hair was greasy.
Too greasy to wear down.

I put on my go to headband keeping my hair where it should be so as not to remind any one crossing my path to notice my slightly slick hair. 

Then I say to myself 
"Self, you can do better than that."

and I did.

I turned to my fabric and button collection to give me some girly/mommy pizzaz to my head. 
 
I cut out uneven circles of different sizes from some scrap fabric.


Out of the three fabric flowers, one of them I just layed the scraps on top of each other untouched, one I cut out in the shape of a flower and laid the scraps on top of each other, and for the last one I used my finger nail and rain it against the edges to wrinkle and fray them just like the photo above. 


Simply stack and sew together.

Then hot glue a button in the center. 
 
Either hot glue the flowers to a headband, barrette, or just attach a safety pin to spruce up plain shirts or dresses. 


From plain Jane 


to sassy Sally
Okay it's not really sassy actually it's kind of sweet.
I like that I can wear it or Adeline can wear it, and I don't look like a goober with something strange on my head. 
[I don't look like a goober, do I?]


 She doesn't look like a goober.

I'm linked up at:
http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Photobuckethttp://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr116/alishascorner/Button1.jpg"/>

DIY Day @ ASPTL
The DIY Show Off


Photobucket

The Girl Creative


7 comments:

  1. Those are so adorable. I love headbands. I also love fabric flowers!

    I have a link party every saturday and would love for you to join in. www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet :) It makes me think of spring and that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do NOT look like a goober! Those are adorable! I love that you're crafting something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Far from goober! That is SO cute. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to make one. You have inspired me to actually get on the stick and do it! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving those fabric flowers. I need to get busy and make some. You make it look so easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your headbands are so cute! Love the stacked fabric flower idea!

    ReplyDelete