Friday, September 24, 2010

Flashback Friday

This morning I got a text reading "Good morning Tootie."
Philip's away at work, and we hardly get to speak or text or talk because he's got horrible reception on the rig he's on. 
It's been almost a month since I've been called Tootie.

He started calling me that when we were 15 or 16, and has only referred to me as that since.
Well, now it's an even mixture of "Tootie" or "Momma".

I know if he calls me by my actual name [Courtney]
a. I'm in trouble
b. He's lost something
c. There's no more toilet paper in the bathroom. 
(Haha, kinda kidding on c)

 Anyway my friends, coworkers, and even some family even took on my nickname and from the ages 16-20 everyone I knew called me Tootie.
There are even a few people today [besides Philip] that call me Tootie rather than Courtney because they say "Courtney" just sounds weird in reference to me.

Most of the time when I answer to Tootie I do it because it's routine, and well it's just kind of my name.
But mornings like this morning when I haven't heard the  nickname in a while I remember where and who I was when I got it.
Anyway, I thought I'd share some photos from my prime Tootie days 
haha since I do have plenty from an upper angle with a point and shoot digital camera. 
[Haha, I remember when I made him take this picture, and thought it would be so awesome.
Now I'm laughing out loud at how silly I was.]

Mischew summfin bad, Daddy! 

Flashback Friday Button

1 comment:

  1. That second picture isn't silly at all. It's actually one of my favorites of you two. It'll be one of those classic frameables for your 50th wedding anniversary celebration one day.

    You know, I've never called you Tootie. I just never heard it enough like everyone else did apparently. LOL.

    ReplyDelete