Friday, June 4, 2010

Move Gracie

Philip went back to work yesterday. So he'll be away for another 2 weeks.
I hate when he leaves, but right now we're just really thankful he still has a job.
This oil spill is painfully effecting the industry, and there's a lot of anxiety about it right now.
Deep water drilling is shut down, but he's on a rig close to shore for now. If they close off the deep water in the gulf for too long he may be working throughout various states in America or even overseas.
It's such a play by day thing right now, it's hard not to feel insecure and out of control.
God has his hand on us though, and for that we are thankful and so very blessed.

When he's away I truly miss falling asleep in his fragrant arm pits. That sounded gross. No really, you can smell them from across the room. We've been together for 8 years now and ever since I've known him he's had a "stink phobia". My husband takes 2-3 showers a day and wears LAYERS upon LAYERS of deodorant and goes through about a stick a week. He always smells so good!

ANYWAY [kind of all over the place, huh?] where was I?
Oh yea.
I'll really miss falling sleep with him and having him home, but I will love the space I gain in my bed.

You see we made a mistake 2 1/2 years ago.
We got a puppy, [that wasn't the mistake] and we let her sleep in our [queen sized] bed.
It was cute when she was 8 pounds, but now she's 60lbs and she takes up the space of a small human.
I'm talking head on pillow and body under covers.

and she takes MY place.

NOT Philip's-mine.
Then I wake up teeter-tottering the edge of the bed while my Labradoodle sweetly spoons with my husband.
No lie.

2 comments:

  1. I've never met anyone who's spouse worked on an oil rig. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. This situation has got to be hard on the families as well!

    My husband is gone a lot too (we're military) and our 50lb. German Shepherd insists on sleeping in our bed too -- so I know your "pain"! LOL!

    I'm your newest follower from the NFF! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute all-over-the-place post.
    Hope your husband stays safe---what a lovely thing...cute black doggie taking up your space on the bed;)

    ReplyDelete